I have a deep fascination for Gerhard Richter's work as it seems to be limitless. Besides lending an exquisite beauty to his paintings, Richter constantly gives it new lives and discovers new fascinating universes and perspectives inside a work that seems to be beautifuly concluded. Richter experiments with scale, blowing up small watercolours into large scale paintings or walls, and photographing a picture from different positions, undermining the idea of one defining viewpoint.
After getting to know Richter's work, I've started seeing paintings and photos on a radically different perspective. I see pictures in its parts, as an endless world of discovery. I do viewports with my own hands to find small yet strong new images in every corner. And I have so much fun doing this exercise of transformation, just as much as I enjoy finding star constellations in the sky.
The series of photos above is an example of this discovery. The original is a photo from a beautiful spring in Lausanne in 2008 - the day was bright, the scent of flowers was strong and I felt extremely happy. And despite being a low res photo, everything seems to be there, kept as sacred, and just as fresh as that day (once) was.
M*120810
M*120810









